COVID-19 Policy Guidelines & Actions
The UK is currently experiencing a public health emergency as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. This document is to help clinic staff and clients, to work and attend clinic appointments safely. The document aims to mitigate the risks of infection and avoid the spread of the virus. This guideline has been written after consulting government guideline document; “Working Safely during coronavirus (COVID-19) https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/close-contact-services (25/6/2020).
The Integrated Health Clinic identifies as a ‘close contact’ service. After a health & safety risk assessment, the following actions have been taken to mitigate infection risk.
1. Hand sanitizer available for clients as they enter and leave the premises.
2. Appointments will continue to be booked in advance after completing COVID-19 related triage questions to be asked of clients ahead of their appointment including:
- Have you had the recent onset of a new continuous cough?
- Do you have a high temperature?
- Have you noticed a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell?
If the client has any of these symptoms, however mild, they should stay at home and reschedule their appointment after an appropriate quarantine period of 7 days, or 14 days if they live with someone.
3. When booking an appointment, clients will be asked to attend on their own, where possible.
4. Maintaining a ‘one-in-one-out’ policy.
5. Encouraging clients to arrive at the time of their scheduled appointment.
6. Client’s are not required to but can wear masks if they wish to do so.
7. Clients and Practitioners will maintain the legal required social distancing wherever possible. When working in close proximity, practitioners will wear any essential PPE such as a clear visor which provides a barrier from any respiratory droplets caused by sneezing, coughing or speaking.
8. Disinfection breaks between appointments to carry out essential cleaning activities and overlap between clients.
9. Informing clients and contractors of guidance about visiting the premises prior to and at the point of arrival, including information on websites.
10. A review of working practices to minimise the risk to Clients, Practitioners and Staff.
This Guideline will be reviewed and updated with any new developing changes in government guidelines and clinic practices.
- UK. “ Working Safely during coronavirus (COVID-19) https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/close-contact-services (Accessed: 25 Jun 2020)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19). https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ (Accessed: 25 Jun 2020)
Add Widgets (Universal Sidebar)
This is your Universal Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Universal Sidebar area.
- PALEOLITHIC DIET
- Acupuncture Benefits Anxiety and Depression
- Benefits of Moxibustion
- Tumeric, Curcumin, as an Anti-inflammatory
- The Effectiveness of acupuncture for chronic & psychological pain
- Endometriosis: Symptom control with acupuncture
- Fighting the Cancer Demon: The Power of Nutritional Supplements
- Acupuncture Silences Hypertension