Happiness can be one of the most elusive things to achieve, whilst in today’s world being stressed, anxious, depressed, confused and tired is easily done. It is almost ‘acceptable’ to be stressed, tired or have Brain Fog. If we decide, then we can be unhappy about everything, including ourselves. So much of it is
Happiness can be one of the most elusive things to achieve, whilst in today’s world being stressed, anxious, depressed, confused and tired is easily done. It is almost ‘acceptable’ to be stressed, tired or have Brain Fog. If we decide, then we can be unhappy about everything, including ourselves. So much of it is a matter of choice. Do we decide to be unhappy about our……. weight, size, hair, money, job, home, weather and much more ?, or do we decide that we can be happy despite everything ?
Happiness is not a secret, it is a state of mind, and our mind is never constant but there are things we can do to help ourselves, and tilt it in our favour. Finding happiness can be quite simple; if you know where to look, but conversely is can be very elusive if you are focusing in the wrong places. People find pleasure and joy in different places, so the best way is to identify habits and things that give you satisfaction and enjoyment – and then make them a part of your everyday life. This could be restful long walks or invigorating running or swimming sessions, creative crafts, cooking or baking for pleasure, mindful meditation, relaxing music, singing or dancing, playing an instrument, or connecting with friends and family. Regular, small doses of pleasurable moments are much more fulfilling, rather than once in a life time holiday that lasts only for 2 weeks.
What do other people think about happiness?
Here are a few quotes
“Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.” Franklin D. Roosevelt
“Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best”. Theodore Isaac Rubin
“If you wants others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, Practice compassion.” Dalai Lama
“Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There’s going to be stress in life, but it’s your choice whether you let it affect you or not.” Valerie Bertinelli
“My greatest beauty secret is being happy with myself. I don’t use special creams or treatments – I’ll use a little bit of everything. It’s a mistake to think you are what you put on yourself. I believe that a lot o how you feel about yourself and your life. Happiness is the greatest beauty secret”. Tina Turner
Start your happiness mission today!
Today is the day you start being happy- Now is the right time- This is the moment you change things and start being happy. Don’t wait till ‘later’ or ‘tommorow’ !
“Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” Jim Rohn
Make a Happiness plan
- Self-awareness: Be aware of who you are and identify things that you get pleasure from regardless if it is big or small.
- Being physically active: Choose a regular physical activity, whether is walking or swimming Physical activity releases endorphins (feel good chemicals) and boosts your emotional wellbeing. You might feel sore or tired after but you will have a sense of satisfaction and feel good.
- Be Creative: Harness your creative genius and express your thoughts and emotions. You will gain a huge sense of satisfaction from your creation e.g. art, crafts, drawings, decorating colouring.
- Complete a challenge or a difficult task- especially something you have always wanted to do.
- Connect with others: make sure that you spend time talking to your loved ones, in particular with your partner and children. Communication is key to all relationships.
- Socialise and enjoy time with family and friends.
- Appreciate and be grateful for all that you have, and what others do for you. Make a list of all that you are grateful for.
- Expressing gratitude is beneficial for our emotional health, and studies have shown benefits for better sleep and lower risk of depression.
- ‘Make someone else happy’- making someone else happy will make you happy. Start volunteering or help a friend or relative.
Remember, you are in control of your own happiness. Start your happiness plan Today !
Have a Healthy Christmas ! - inthealthclinic.com/1907-2/
Acupuncture May Alleviate Pain in Idiopathic Trigeminal Neuralgia, especially where medication is contraindicated or not tolerated. clinicalpainadvisor.com/neuro…
Ten Apps for Mental Well-being. blogs.psychcentral.com/your-l…
Evidence is mounting that long-term use of Statins can increase the risk of Type 2 Diabetes by 30%. medicalnewstoday.com/articles…